I received a very big earful from my mom, pop, uncles and aunties when I ask whether they would consider voting for PKR. Recovery, I fear will be a slow job due to the severity of rebukes received. So much for my little foray into real life survey.
Here’s what they scolded me for:
- Nurul Izzah has got no track record connecting the dots between local authorities, NGOs, Resident Associations, etc to work the government system. Where’s the testimony of her achievements of such nature before she declared candidacy?
- Nurul Izzah has not guaranteed she will be able to handle and work the system to deliver for Lembah Pantai people.
- Nurul Izzah has not convinced them – she need to produce a list of do-able things she can deliver for people of Lembah Pantai if elected.
- They are not convinced that Nurul Izzah will not relinquish her seat for Anwar Ibrahim.
- If they throw their votes for Nurul Izzah, what will happen if she give seat to Anwar because Anwar has not promised any delivery that he will deliver in Lembah Pantai.
- Will Nurul Izzah be able to cope with the streneous job of MP for Lembah Pantai? Will she flip flop (eg: running, not running, running for MP) This is a complex, fast moving and very multi-cultural constituency and the businesses here moves fast.
- Does Nurul Izzah have a solid team to back her up? Has she set up one already to kick into action immediately if voted in?
And here are more serious questions from my uncle:
- Bangsar is jewel in the crown in Lembah Pantai. Some people however, called it Sin City and want to close it down. What is your stand on this?
- What will you do with the nightspots that bring in foreign exchange generated from economic activities catering to overseas expatriates?
- What do you say about Negara Islam? Will you support Negara Islam?
- What do you say about Islamist radicals & terrorists?
- What will you say to people who misuse jihad?
- What is your commitment to ensure Lembah Pantai will be safe and free from religious bigots or trouble makers?
NB: Due to the seriousnes of this subject to us people of Lembah Pantai, comments from non voters in Lembah Pantai shall not be entertained.