As Malaysians await for Pak Lah’s positive action to deliver a better Cabinet for 2008, I would like to take this opportunity to propose some ideas to be weighted in for PM’s decision making. Please could you send someone to tell Pak Lah?
This little voice may not be the richest or loudest, but I am sincerely wishing for Pak Lah to be granted the outmost courage and strength to make the best decision for Malaysia as we await anxiously a clear direction out of the current limbo and uncertainty. Malaysia needs the best people in the Cabinet.
My humble idea to be considered in drawing up names for Malaysia’s new Cabinet (In fact, everyone of my family and friends also fervently wish for PM to surprise us with this gift):
1. DROP currently perceived as ‘dubious’ Ministers / politicians – Dato’ Rafidah Aziz, Dato’ Jamaluddin Jarjis, Dato’ Mohd Nazri Abdul Aziz, Dato’ Nor Md. Yaakcop, Dato’ Seri Azalina Othman Said, Dato’ Noh Omar, Dato’ Paduka Badruldin Amiruldin
2. Appoint ‘clean’ and sincere politicians to ministerial posts. People like Datuk Sharir Abdul Samad (Minister for Environment?), Datuk Zaid Ibrahim, Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir (Youth & Sports)
3. Appoint politicians with proven track record contributing to nation’s economy – Dato’ Chong Kah Kiat (Minister for Tourism)
4. Appoint a woman as Finance Minister or important portfolio (perhaps Dato’ Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil? She’s a woman and a bright mind trained in law, who can be counted upon to conscientiously watch our nation’s purse string and well regarded by all races)
5. DROP ‘dubious’ underperformers – Dato’ Reezal Merican, Datuk Vincent Lim and others who took part in putting up roadblocks in PM’s conversation and direct communication with Malaysians (fyi, they reside below PM Office at 4th floor).
6. Khairy must never be considered for any posts (whether its true or not, he is good or bad, please let him sit outside the cabinet as his name does not generate love).
I know this is no small request but, Malaysia needs PM to be granted great courage to do his best for the nation. I am sure, with Jeanne (a good woman) at Pak Lah’s side, the PM will find the strength to do this.
NB: Please also stop the Noise:
These days, mainstream media organizations like Utusan Malaysia and Bernama, whether intentionally or naively, are playing a not too admirable role contributing to political hatred, pitting Malays against non-Malays. In this regard, may I request you to move PM to please telephone BN component party chiefs to instruct all their members to BEHAVE GENTLEMANLY, QUIT INSULTING THE PEOPLE’S DECISION, RESPECT THE RESULTS OF THE GE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD NAME OF BN (or whatever is left of it).
Support from friends and Malaysiakini readers appreciated.